So here is some shocking news... maybe not for any of you, but to me it came as a huge suprise! I got a calling in my new singles ward! I am now the official leader in sacrament meeting! Who would have thought! I remember when Brother Greer used to have us pick a song and lead in seminary and I had no idea what I was doing. But the 2nd counselor in the bishopric, Brother Palmer, graciously asked me if I would accept the calling. And of course I can't say no to the Lord's callings. I got to lead for the first time today in church and I was a little nervous, but everyone said I looked like I knew what I was doing! I never realized how tired your arm gets from waving it around! I think I may need to start workin out the 'ol muscles! But I absolutely love my ward. Everyone is so welcoming and I feel so at home here. I really feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be.
As for my job.... I haven't gotten to start yet and it's really bugging me! Sharla said she talked to the manager and he told her he wanted to wait till closer to my birthday to have me start so I can be a server instead of a hostess. It will probably be better pay, but waiting around is getting old! Wouldn't it be nice if money just grew on trees!
No comments:
Post a Comment