Thursday, February 12, 2009

One Eventful Morning

So as you all know, it's been a pretty crazy roller coaster ride for me going through anxiety. I am currently taking Paxil to help out with the anxiety and, supposedly, it's supposed to help me sleep. I didn't feel like my 10mg was helping me very much so the doctor told me to start taking two pills so it would bump it up to 20mg. Well, lets just say that was a terrible idea.
Last night I took the pills around 9:00 pm and by 11:00 pm I still didn't feel very tired. So when midnight rolled around and I STILL wasn't tired, I decided to try the old trick of making myself fall asleep. That was a fight. When I woke up this morning, it was a hole different story! I got up, feeling kinda anxious already, and went in the bathroom and my eyes felt like they wanted to go cross eyed! They wouldn't focus and felt like they were WIDE OPEN! Well, that all didn't help the matters of me feeling anxious cause it scared the crap out of me and made me even more anxious!!! Long story short, I drove to my mom's office and she got to have a little laugh at me cause she said I looked like "a deer in the headlights!" My eyes were dilated and, literally, wide open! I feel much better now, but my eyes still haven't been able to focus all day and I feel drained. I just wish I could find the answer to all this so I could make it go away!

Going through what I have has made me realize something though. NEVER, EVER, put off taking care of yourself!! Your health is your first priority, cause without good health, you wont accomplish the things you want to. I really hope that somehow, when I feel 100% better, I will be able to help other people with their anxiety, depression, and OCD because I know how bad it feels!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your boyfriend is a cutie! You guys make a cute couple. I have some family members with anxiety so I know its a tough thing but hang in there. You are a sweet girl and have a lot going for you. ;)

The Leggs said...

Hey girl. I used to deal with anxiety really bad. The Drs put me on Paxil too and it did not help at all. I started on a pill called klonipin and it was amazing. I took .5mg a day and sometimes two if I was really anxious. It helps you sleep and makes you not anxious so you can deal with life. I also used Calms Forte' its over the counter homeopathic and some stuff called Gaba. Hope this helps girl!