On August 27th, I took my first flight in a jet! Say what?! I lived next to an airport my whole life and only flew in small airplanes, so this was a nerve racking, and exciting moment for me! I was on my way to Salt Lake to see Charlie. As soon as he picked me up from the airport, we headed straight to the Salt Lake Temple. I've been waiting for forever to see it in person and couldn't pass up the opportunity. Ready for a picture overload?
I love this temple for so much! It just looks like a castle. It's amazing. However, it was a lot smaller in person than it looks in person... I was kind of shocked. But, it's still incredible. And I got to see it for the first time with this guy...
Charlie and I walked around the temple grounds for a little while and then sat on the grass in front of the temple. We had a very special moment there, exchanging the first "I love you's." He's my one and only. I love him with my whole heart. When you know, you just know. It started to sprinkle a little, so we made a pit stop in the visitors center. As we were getting ready to walk out, we noticed it was POURING! So we waited for a couple of minutes and decided to just book it to the car. Suddenly, I feel him pulling on me to stop and as he grabbed my face, he asked me to be his girlfriend... then proceeded to kiss me in the rain... Just like the movies! :D My heart could not have been happier in that moment as we got drenched in the pouring rain. It could not have been any more perfect. I love my Mr. Romantic!
Then, because we are both cheesecake lovers, we went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory! Heavenly! Enough said.
Wednesday he took me to the gym and worked me over pretty good. He's an awesome personal trainer... I think I'll keep him around :) That night we played Ultimate Frisbee with a few of his friends. It was a blast!
Thursday, we woke up pretty early, so we decided to go to breakfast at IHop. Love me some stuffed french toast :) Then after he got back from school we loaded up and left for La Verkin to meet up with my family.
First road trip together!
Friday, the rest of my family showed up and got to meet Charlie. They all love him :) We got to go to Peach Days in Hurricane and ate some dang good food, complete with a funnel cake! The kids got to play and we walked around and looked at the booths.
We had a nice little family reunion for Garrison's first birthday. Spoiled kid, I tell ya. I got the pleasure of making his own cake to dig into and he got TONS of presents. Lucky little guy. I can't believe he is already 1!!! Where has the time gone?! I'm so grateful I've been able to live close to him and see him grow! I love you little man!
We had a lake day with Jen and Tyler. Charlie was dying to do some wake boarding... So I made his dream come true!
And some tubing...
We all had a blast, but it was pretty short, because the weather started to get pretty nasty. None of us wanted to get struck by lightening, so we packed up and got out of there.
It was nice to be able to go out and enjoy time with him and my family. I'm so grateful he came into my life. Looking back on how it all unfolded just makes me even more grateful for the understanding I have of the gospel. He truly is the answer to my prayers. Now, it's all a matter of time until I can move to Utah!
To be continued...








No comments:
Post a Comment