Monday, August 19, 2013

Sometimes, the biggest blessings lie in unanswered prayers...

I'm sure everyone knows by now that Dustin and I are no longer an item. It ended unexpectedly, but it was all for the best. I think it was coming no matter what. (So I guess it was kind of expected?) Anyway, I'm grateful for all the things I learned in the four years we were together. I'm also so grateful that Heavenly Father places people in our lives to help us see the bigger and better plan he has in store for us. I've never felt more at peace with my life, as I do right now. I've set my goals, and have even been thinking about a change in scenery. Yep, that means moving myself back to Utah, where I've always felt at home. I have some big decisions up ahead, but I'm so glad to know I have someone up above leading me to something bigger and better than what I had planned for myself. 

It doesn't help that I have someone very special around now... :) Meet Charlie...  


After having a four year relationship end, I swore I wouldn't date for a loooong time. But this guy just came around and swept me off my feet. And I couldn't stop it. I really only have the best possible things to say about him and could go on for pages, but I'll just say he's amazing in every way possible!

Charlie is from California and was heading back to Utah for school, but stopped to visit his dad in Las Vegas for a couple of days... Long story short, he invited me to join him for the weekend :) So I packed up and headed to Vegas on August 9th.

 I got there late Thursday night, so we talked and watched some TV and then went to bed.
 Friday afternoon, Charlie's dad took us out to the best lunch I've ever had at this Brazilian restaurant... And I cannot remember the name of it! But it was fantastic! After that we went to explore the strip. We watched the water show (which I've always wanted to watch, but have only seen in passing) and then went to some of the shops they have around there. It was a good day!
And I got a picture with Bumblebee :)
Saturday morning, his dad made us some pretty freakin' amazing french toast! Then we had a fun time shopping together at a couple of the malls! And he serenaded me with some guitars in Guitar Center. He's so good at it :) Melt my heart <3

That night we had a date night at Outback Steakhouse, and saw "Despicable Me 2." Sooo good! Sunday, we drove down to Fremont and walked around... There's not much going on there on a Sunday during the day... So we made it a modeling moment ;)

Then we had to part ways. Back to Arizona for me and on to Utah for him :( We are planning to meet in St. George while I am up there for Garrison's 1st birthday party/family reunion. CANNOT WAIT! Stay tuned... More to come! 

No comments: