Well, first off, we got to celebrate two special days in one. Father's Day and my mom's birthday! And I have to apologize to them both... Your cards are still sitting on my kitchen counter! Bad daughter award goes to me... Anyway, this just gives me an excuse to brag about my parents. I really have the best parents in the entire world. They have always been my greatest examples. Their relationship and love for each other is undeniable. They never fought in front of us growing up, and always comforted each other when something was wrong. From my dad battling cancer, to my mom being sick or having a bad day at work, they are always there for each other through thick and thin.
I remember coming home from school to a sparkling clean house on many occasions. My dad would go home when it was slow at the airport and would scrub the entire house. My bed would be made, laundry done, dishes done... The ENTIRE house sparkled. What an amazing guy right? Yeah, that's my dad! We started a tradition when the fair came to town. We would hop in the car and go down to the fair grounds to see what rides they brought. Then, sometimes we'd just cruise the town listening to "Mr. Lonely." Or when a lightning storm would roll in, we'd sit on the porch and watch it together. Lightning storms make me so home sick to this day!! I'm so grateful for such a wonderful dad. He's been there when I needed to vent and always knows how to make me laugh when I'm upset. He's so kind and giving to anyone around, and always has the best attitude!!
My mom has always been one of my best friends. In high school my anxiety got really bad. She changed everything for me. She found new recipes, researched, asked around, and did anything else possible that she could think of that would help me. And she got the brunt of my anger a lot of the time, which breaks my heart, but I hope she knows I will never forget the sacrifices she made for me. She's always there when I need to talk and gives the best advice. She is so creative and talented in so many ways! She is caring and nurturing and would do just about anything for anyone. Her love for the gospel has always been so strong and has always led me right back to where I know I need to be. She is one of my hero's.
I don't know what I'd do without them and really cannot express enough how deeply grateful I am for them! I wish I could have celebrated their special day with them. I love them both with my entire heart! Thank you for everything you do and sacrifice for me! Happy Father's/Birth-Day! :)
My mom has always been one of my best friends. In high school my anxiety got really bad. She changed everything for me. She found new recipes, researched, asked around, and did anything else possible that she could think of that would help me. And she got the brunt of my anger a lot of the time, which breaks my heart, but I hope she knows I will never forget the sacrifices she made for me. She's always there when I need to talk and gives the best advice. She is so creative and talented in so many ways! She is caring and nurturing and would do just about anything for anyone. Her love for the gospel has always been so strong and has always led me right back to where I know I need to be. She is one of my hero's.
I don't know what I'd do without them and really cannot express enough how deeply grateful I am for them! I wish I could have celebrated their special day with them. I love them both with my entire heart! Thank you for everything you do and sacrifice for me! Happy Father's/Birth-Day! :)
1 comment:
What a great post! Your parents are awesome. :)
Post a Comment