Facebook is fully of people doing the 22 days of being grateful, or whatever it's called, which has made me think of some of the great things I am grateful for. So, here is my list in no particular order.
1. The Gospel- I am SO beyond grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (AKA Mormon). I don't want to know where I would be if I hadn't grown up with the gospel in my life. I'm grateful for my loving Savior and for the testimony I have.
2. Oddly enough, My Trials- This year has been one of the toughest. And I'm so grateful. I have learned and grown so much from each and every one of them. They make me become better because I let them. I wouldn't have learned any other way, and I know my Savior knows me well enough to know I need those trials to bring me back to him.
3. My Parents- Words cannot describe how much I appreciate my parents. They mean the entire world to me. I'm grateful for everything they've taught me- From cleaning, to cooking, to managing my money, and so on. They are the greatest examples to me. I'm grateful they gave me a loving home to grow up in.
4. The Priesthood- I am so grateful for the power the priesthood has and for the great men I have in my life that keep themselves worthy to hold it. It's truly incredible.
5. Herbal Tea! I love a good cup of herbal tea before bed!
6. My car- She has been a trooper. Even through running over a bucket that flew out of the back of someones truck on the freeway, getting rear-ended, and run into another time, she has stayed strong and gets me where I need to go!
7. Sisters and good friends- I have friends that have become like my sisters and I am so grateful for all of them. I'm grateful they are there when I need them and help me through tough times and celebrate the good times with me!
8. My job- I am soooo grateful to be lucky enough to hold a job in this economy. I have been fortunate to always have a job, and always have money to cover what I need. And I get spoiled with free Cardinals and ASU tickets.. and free adjustments... And I've met some well known people and some other really great people through the years. I can't complain... Ok maybe I do sometimes ;)
9. My talents- I prayed that I would be able to find my talents. This year I've been made more aware of them. I get asked to do nails, make-up, hair, help decorate, and best of all... I was always so jealous of Dustin and all of his hobbies. Then he helped me start doing cakes... And I fell in love. Nuff said...
10. Dustin!!! Even though we've had a rough past, I couldn't imagine life without him. He's helped me grow and teaches me everyday. He makes me laugh and never lets me feel sorry for myself. He picks me up and helps me be better. He helps me go after the things I want. He is there to comfort me when I need him. I could go on and on. I love him with all my heart and I'm so grateful for the way he loves me!
11. Technology- FaceTime has been a big thing in my family. We all have either an iPod or iPhone or iPad just so we can FaceTime. It's been great being able to see each other when we are so far away!
12. Music- Oh man music has always been such a huge part of my life. I never watch TV. It's always music whether I'm getting ready, in the car, cleaning, cooking dinner, or just playin on Facebook, there's always music. I'm grateful for my guitar and the ability I have to play it. It really is therapy to me. Life would be pretty boring without it!
There, now I am up to date... I am so full of gratitude. There really is so much to be thankful for. I am going to get ahead for tomorrow and say...
#13. I am thankful for this time of year. For the change in the season and for the feeling that is in the air. For the time that we get to take out of our busy lives to be together with our families.
There is nothing better!!
No comments:
Post a Comment