The last three months have been SO much fun! I've been able to help my co-worker and good friend Kristen plan her wedding. I've always wanted to help plan and I finally got my chance! I got to help with lots of the big and small things. She asked my opinion on dresses, jewelry, shoes and so on. I've been her little Go-to girl. HA! I helped her find a photographer, which is Amber Morris, Sharla's sister-in-law, a DJ whos name is Mike Huff, a friend I met through other friends, and I get to do her hair, nails, and cake :) As Dr. Turley says, "She's got the Mormon hook-ups." Haha! AHHHHH! :) It's a lot of pressure, but things are going smooth so far.
Last Friday she came over and we practiced her hair...
I think it turned out pretty good for a test run. She has such pretty long hair, so it was fun to work with. She told me I couldn't keep her as my personal Barbie though ;)
Then I got started on the wedding cake. Boy talk about pressure! The bottom layer is actually pretty big. Getting fondant to cover that thing was work. And... After the 4th attempt to put the fondant on...out of frustration...I beat it sensless and then it was smooth sailing. (And after wards had a good laugh at myself) The bottom 3 teirs are all styrofoam covered in fondant and decorated with these lovely flowers and lace. It's not done though... It still needs the top layer, which will be real for the "cutting of the cake as Mr. and Mrs." and there's more flowers that will be added. Then I will be baking a very large sheet cake for guests to eat. With the famous Chantilly Cream and fresh cut strawberries. YUM! I can't wait to see it all finished!
This cake was just a little extra for her birthday today! Happy birthday!!! And she loved it! And I was so glad!
Then during lunch I did her nails. I did gel with a really pretty, light, almost kind of goldish (I honestly don't know what to call it!) color. So, now all that is left is finishing the wedding cake, and then Sunday morning I will make my way to her house to do her hair and then she will be Mrs. Dustin George! All the planning, and stress, and money spending will be over! I know she will be so relieved!
In the mean time, I am really grateful that I get to work with her. She has been a great co-worker and has become a really great friend. I'm so glad I get to help her get ready for her big day!
Best wishes Dustin and Kristen!




No comments:
Post a Comment