Thursday, September 13, 2012

Garrison Edward Foy

Baby Garrison is finally here! He was born August 30, 2012 weighing 9 pounds. He is such a little cutie pie! Sharla went through hell getting him here though. And yes Sharla, I am a bit traumatized after watching what you went through. Maybe I'll just let my sisters do the work, and I'll do the spoiling! ;) 

She went to the hospital early Wednesday morning and they started the Pit on her at about noon. I got to the hospital at about 5 PM that evening hoping she was getting close and we'd get to hold him soon! She hadn't gotten her epidural yet, but was finally to the point where she was ready for it. Her contractions were getting hard and close together. They had to do a test to make sure her platelet count was high enough, which it wasn't, so she couldn't have it. I think we all shed some tears for her. She was in so much pain. They gave her pain meds, but all they did was make her sleepy. She would just start to fall asleep and then another contraction would hit her. It was really hard to watch knowing I couldn't help her. After a rough night, she finally begged the nurse to do another test to see if she could have the epidural, and this time it was just barely high enough! They put one in early Thursday morning and she finally got to get a break and some sleep. And the rest of us tried to get some sleep as well after being up with her all night. I left for work at 8:30 AM and by the time lunch rolled around, they had finally decided to perform a C-Section because she just wasn't progressing and had developed a fever. Baby Garrison was born at 11:24 AM. He had some trouble breathing and had a fever as well so he spent some time in the NICU. They kept him for a full week on antibiotics and released him late  the next Wednesday night. What a rough experience! I'm so proud of Sharla! She is such a strong lady and is the cutest little momma ever! Congrats to her and Jaron! I love you all!

No comments: