Thursday, September 16, 2010

Some Things Are Meant To Be I Guess!

So the past few months have been a little on the stressful side. There's change all around me and I'm not sure I like it! 1.)Shaunae, my long time best friend, is engaged!!!! I'm so excited for her I can hardly stand it! And I get the priveledge to stand in her line at her reception as a bridesmaid! Joe and her fit together so perfect.

Then here's my other exciting news, and a little story for you. I had to go back on the search for a new apartment. Yes, because little miss Shaunae is getting married, I must move out too. Karen's parents own the condo we live in, and it's closer to where her dad works, so he will be moving in there during the week and then goes back home on the weekends. Bummer, because I have been so spoiled, but some good things come to an end sometimes. But Heavenly Father has those thrifty ways of opening doors to even better things. Dustin and I looked at a bunch of apartments all over the place. I didn't feel good about any of them, and a few were down right disgusting! So, after work on Monday, I decided to check a few more out. Dustin had told me about one he used to live in so I went there last. As I walked in, I realized they were about to close in about two minutes, but the girl at the desk graciously sat and talked with me. She showed me their model apartment and I fell in love. When I asked how much the rent was, I'm sure my jaw almost hit the floor. It was too good to be true. So I got the application and went to work. So Tuesday, as I was getting ready for work, I took a minute to kneel down and say a prayer that everything would work out if this is where I'm supposed to be. So, I left work during my lunch break to turn in all the stuff I had to give them. My day got 1,000 times better. I learned they were having a "End of the Summer Special!" My rent went down 100 bucks!!!!!!!!!! How is this happening!? Oh wait... I know! :) Then she told me if I found their add in a specific magazine, they would wave the $100 Admin fee. I'm thinking, "Great, I've never seen this magazine in my life!" So, before I went back to work I stopped by Wal-Mart, asked Sharla to look at Fry's while she was there, and no such luck. Back to work it was. So then, I had to take some papers next door to get them signed. On the corner of the center, theres news paper stands. NEVER paid attention to them the whole time I've worked there!!! I just happened to glance over as I was walking back inside and there, front and center, was this magazine!!!!! You can imagine my excitement! Oh the power of prayers!!! My testimony is totally renewed of the power of prayer. I know it wouldn't have gone as smooth if I hadn't taken the time to kneel down and say that quick prayer. AMAZING :)

1 comment:

Mikki and Jim said...

That is so awesome Kelsey! I am glad you shared that story. Its great to hear about other peoples 'tender mercy' moments!