I had the amazing opportunity to visit the beautiful ocean this last weekend for the first time ever! AMAZING! Seriously breath taking. I got to try out boogie boarding for the first time. I'll admit I was a little nervous- one, because the water was probably about 20 degrees! SO cold! And two- because I was scared of getting swept away by a huge wave into the deep sea! However, I grabbed a board and made my way out into the water, shivering to death the enitre time, but caught on really fast and caught some good waves! I was so proud of myself!
Those of you who don't know what boogie boarding is... you use a small board and lay on your stomach and let a wave push you towards the shore. Kind of like surfing only on your stomach... You have to catch the waves just right or else you just get tossed around a little and left with water in your face :) We got to play in the sand and looked for shells and crabs! Just absolutely amazing. The only downside is that it was really foggy most of the time and it was pretty cold. But still so worth every second of it! There were some cool stores down the main street and we took some pictures that I will have to post as soon as I get them from Dustin's mom. I want to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment