Sunday, October 3, 2010

On a Sunday Evening...

Its a Sunday evening and the house is way too quiet. Shaunae and Joe are hanging out, of course, and are not home. Dustin started the outage at work and will be working six, twelve hour days. It's a real drag and not my favorite thing. On top of that he works nights. So I will only see him on Saturday night (because thats his "night" off) and maybe Sunday morning. I don't like it one bit. I watched conference all alone today. I really enjoyed it. I've always enjoyed listening to the speakers, but this one seemed to hit home a little harder for me. I do love the gospel so much. As one of them said that this is the only true church on the face of this earth, it hit me extra hard. I've always known that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church, but the moment he said that, it made me really truely realize that it IS the only true church. And not only that, but that I am a part of this true church.

I've had the opportunity to work with a girl that grew up Catholic, but is no longer active in any religion. She no longer believes that there is a God. As I've talked to her, it seems that her family life is very thin and unsupportive. It makes me so sad to hear about it. It makes me so grateful for a loving family, and for being able to grow up in the gospel. She said that every LDS person she has ever met has been rude and left her with a bad taste in her mouth. It bugs me so bad to hear that the people of the church can be so proud and make others feel less that them. Aren't we supposed to love our neighbors and be of service and be kind and all other good things? I had a discussion with my mom one day about it. She told me about the Law of the Stop Sign. Do you believe in the Law of the Stop Sign? You stop, look both ways, and then proceed through the intersection. Then there are those that don't and run the stop sign. It is the same with the gospel. There are those who stop and do what they are supposed to, and then there are those that make their own rules and do what they want. I thought that was pretty amazing and so true. There are too many people that act like Sunday Mormons as they call them. They are the ones that leave people like my co-worker with a bad taste in their mouth. But it has been amazing to have missionary experiences with her. She has so many questions. I pray I will always be able to answer them the right way! I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!!

1 comment:

Brett and Melissa said...

Good Job Kels... Just be a good example and she will see a good side of mormons!!! :)