Monday, March 2, 2009

Never A Dull Moment!

Well tonight has been a pretty interesting night.... Marc came to SJ to spend the day with me so my Mom decided to make a big dinner for the four of us (Me, Marc, Dad, and Mom). Well, while she was grating some veggies, she cut a huge gash in her thumb! I mean huge as in, she probably should have gone and had stitches! It wouldn't stop bleeding for quite a long time. When she finally got it to stop, my Dad was going to put super glue on it, cause he said that's what the doctors are using now days.
So, Marc and I were sitting in the living room on the couch watching a movie and my parents went in their bathroom to take care of Mom's finger. Well not long after they went in their room we heard something hit the floor. I looked at Marc and was like, "what in the world was that?!" So I got up and walked to where I could see in their room and my Dad was kneeling down on the floor by my mom! He looked at me and said, "Guys I need some help!" So Marc and I ran in and she had passed out and hit the floor! My dad was trying to get her to wake up and said she wasn't breathing! He told me to hold her legs up while he kinda tapped her and tried to get her to respond. I asked him if we should call the ambulance, but by then she was starting to come to. TALK ABOUT PANIC MODE!!!
When she came to she was a little out of it and wasn't quite sure what was going on. She didn't understand why I was holding her legs and why we kept saying her name! haha I kinda had to laugh, but it was more out of relief!! We finally got her up and my Dad got her some oxygen. In all of this, her pointer finger and her thumb ended up getting glued together! So that added a little more pain when she had to try to get them apart. Marc has been taking some EMT courses so my Dad had him check her blood pressure and stuff. He got to get a little experience in a real life experience!
All I can say is I am so grateful that my Mom is okay! It's crazy how your brain races a million miles an hour with all the "what if" questions when something like that happens! I am so grateful for my parents and don't know what I would do without them and I'm glad they are both ok! It just makes me that much more aware and grateful for those things and people I take for granted everyday. Remember to always count your many blessings, cause you never know when you may not have them anymore!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Kelsey, you are an amazing story teller. Good writing. I deleted my first comment because I goofed it up. Hope your mom gets better fast! So who is this Marc?

Emilee said...

Ok, seriously do we really need to start a count down to your birthday already;)