My first attempt was very simple, but I just wanted to get a feel for it. I watched some Youtube videos, gathered some recipes and went to work. It was just one single layer of cake, cause I wasn't sure what I was doing yet, but the fondant laid down PERFECT! I was shocked at how easy it was! And I've been hooked since!
Cake #2 was a very LONG process and this time I had Dustin's help. We made it a team effort, and I think it took us about 6 very long, tiring hours to get it done, but I think it turned out pretty great! There are four layers in this cake. We made every one from scratch and made the icing from scratch. Bad idea... haha It seemed like we were never going to finish this thing. It was a fun way to spend the day with Dustin though and I'm glad he took the time to share my hobby with me!Now cake #3 is my pride and joy so far! I worked really hard on this one. Jennifer asked me to make an owl themed cake for my neice, Taylin's first birthday. She sent me some pictures to get an idea of what she wanted, and it looks nothing like the pictures she sent me haha... But it turned out great and everyone loved it. I was really worried at first, but I did what I could with what I had... The hard part was the 8 hour drive to Utah. I worried the whole way there!! The owl lost an ear, but it was an easy fix. Thank goodness!
I'm currently brewing up my next order from my other sister Sharla! I can't wait to start on it! I'm thankful for everyone's support and especially for Dustin! Without him I would probably still be talking about it! He always gives me the push and the confidence I need to do the things I want to do! A big thanks to him and to everyone who have supported me through this learning process! More to come :)




1 comment:
Kelsey,that is amazing! Way to be way more talented than the rest of us! You may make my wedding cake...when/if it happens...Love you!
Post a Comment