Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Big One-Nine!

Well yesterday was my big 19Th birthday! It seems so weird to me that next year I'll be 20 years old!!!!! It's crazy how fast time has gone by. I remember sitting in class in high school wondering what it was going to be like to be in college and on my own. And now here I am and I wish I was still little with no worries other than turning papers in and studying for tests. I didn't realize how easy I had it. BUT on a brighter note, this birthday was so much fun! I must say I have the best friends EVER! I got up, got ready, and went to Sharla's house for breakfast. She made me waffles with strawberry's and whip cream, just like Mom makes them. Then we went shopping and got me a new birthday outfit! Then I came home and when I walked through the door there were balloons everywhere and a Happy Birthday sign hanging up for me.
Then to my surprise.... I walked in my room and there was a canopy made from streamers over my bed, a birthday card, and confetti on my bed! Karen and Shaunae are the best! They really went all out and made it a very special day. Then they decided to take me to lunch. I chose Subway cause it sounded the best! :) And then we just hung out the rest of the day. Then I was getting ready to go to Dustin's because he told me he was going to make me a Birthday dinner (he had to work all day long) and Shaunae and Karen surprised me with a birthday cake! They came in my room where I was getting ready and sang Happy Birthday to me and I blew out my candles!
We decided we'd just eat the cake out of the pan... and it turned into a food fight! Shaunae smeared it all over my mouth and as I was running away, she and Karen had it out... not sure who won cause they both got it pretty good! HAHA
After I got cleaned up, for the 2nd time, I headed over to Dustin's for my birthday dinner. He had to work all day so he told me to come over when he got off and he would cook for me. He made tin foil dinners (one of my most favorite!) and we went down by the pool to grill them. We ate and he had another cake for me! How sweet is he!? Thank you to everyone that remembered me on my special day! It was so much fun and one I will never forget!

1 comment:

The Leggs said...

Happy Birthday! How fun~